The Thrill of wireless

This Blog is dedicated to All the People of the World to whom they want to be a Ham Radio Operator.

Mainly the blog contains Amateur Radio information stuff collected from varies Ham Radio sites and provided to the people who want's to be a Ham

My Aim is to prepare New Generation Amateur Radio Operators in the world and they had to communicate each other by using new technology and to do new experiments to take this to future generation. Without ending to our.

--- VU3PEN dt DEC-2065


Sunday 18 November 2012

Q-code (extract)

Code
Meaning
QFE
What is the current atmospheric pressure ? The atmospheric pressure is ..... mbar (current value converted to runway level in a dry atmosphere)
QNE
What is the current atmospheric pressure ? The atmospheric pressure is ..... mbar (current value converted to sea level to compute the fligh level)
QNH
What is the current atmospheric pressure ? The atmospheric pressure is ..... mbar (current value converted to sea level in the standard atmosphere).
QRA
What is the name of your station ? The name of my station is ..... By extension the home, the family.
QRB
How far are you from my station ? I am ... km from you station
QRD
Where are you bound and where are you coming from? I am bound ... from ....
QRG
Will you tell me my exact frequency ? Your exact frequency is ... kHz.
QRH
Does my frequency vary ? Your frequency varies.
QRI
How is the tone of my transmission ? The tone of your transmission is ... (1-Good, 2-Variable, 3-Bad.)
QRJ
Are you receiving me badly ? I cannot receive you, your signal is too weak.
QRK
What is the intelligibility of my signals ? The intelligibility of your signals is ... (1-Bad, 2-Poor, 3-Fair, 4-Good, 5-Excellent.)
QRL
Are you busy ? I am busy, please do not interfere
QRM
Is my transmission being interfered with man-made interferences ? Your transmission is being interfered with ... (1-Nil, 2-Slightly, 3-Moderately, 4-Severely, 5-Extremely.)
QRN
Are you troubled by natural or static noise ? I am troubled by natural or static noise ... (1-5 as under QRM.)
QRO
Shall I increase power ? Inrease power. By extension Good, excellent
QRP
Shall I decrease power ? Decrease power. By extension an emitter of small power, the kids
QRQ
Shall I send faster ? Send faster (... WPM.)
QRR
Are you ready for automatic operation ? I am ready for automatic operation. Send at ... WPM.
QRS
Shall I send more slowly ? Send more slowly (... WPM.)
QRT
Shall I stop sending ? Stop sending.
QRU
Have you anything for me ? I have nothing for you.
QRV
Are you ready ? I am ready.
QRW
Shall I inform ... that you are calling ? Please inform ... that I am calling.
QRX
When will you call me again ? I will call you again at ... hours.
QRY
What is my turn ? Your turn is numbered ....
QRZ
Who is calling me ? You are being called by ....
QSA
What is the strength of my signals? The strength of your signals is ... (1-Scarcely perceptible, 2-Weak, 3-Fairly Good, 4-Good, 5-Very Good.)
QSB
Are my signals fading ? Your signals are fading.
SQD
Is my keying defective ? Your keying is defective.
SQG
Shall I send ... messages at a time ? Send ... messages at a time.
QSJ
What is the charge to be collected per word to ... including your international telegraph charge?  The charge to be collected per word is ... including my international telegraph charge.
QSK
Can you hear me between you signals and if so can I break in on your transmission ? I can hear you between my signals, break in on my transmission.
QSL
Can you acknowledge receipt ? I am acknowledging receipt.
QSM
Shall I repeat the last message which I sent you ? Repeat the last message.
QSN
Did you hear me on ... KHz ? I did hear you on ... kHz.
QSO
Can you communicate with ... direct or by relay ? I can communicate with ... direct (or by relay through ....)
QSP
Will you relay to ...? I will relay to ....
QSQ
Have you a doctor on board? (or is ... on board ?) I have a doctor on board (or ... is on board.)
QSU
Shall I send or reply on this frequency ? Send a series of Vs on this frequency.
QSV
Shall I send a series of Vs on this frequency ? Send a series of Vs on this frequency.
QSW
Will you send on this frequency ? I am going to send on this frequency.
QSY
Shall I change to another frequency ? Change to another frequency.
QSZ
Shall I send each word or group more than once ? Send each word or group twice (or ... times.)
QTA
Shall I cancel message number ...? Cancel message number ...
QTB
Do you agree with my counting of words ? I do not agree with your counting of words. I will repeat the first letter or digit of each word or group.
QTC
How many messages have you to send ? I have ... messages for you.
QTE
What is my true bearing from you ? Your true bearing from me is ... degrees.
QTG
Will you send two dashes of 10 seconds each followed by your call sign ? I am going to send two dashes of 10 seconds each followed by my call sign.
QTH
What is your location ? My location is ....
QTI
What is your true track ? My true track is ... degrees.
QTJ
What is your speed ? My speed is ... km/h.
QTL
What is your true heading ? My true heading is ... degrees.
QTN
At what time did you depart from ...? I departed from ... at ... hours.
QTO
Have you left dock (or port) ? I have left dock (or port).
QTP
Are you going to enter dock (or port) ? I am going to enter dock (or port.)
QTQ
Can you communicate with my station by means of the International Code of Signals ? I am going to communicate with your station by means of the International Code of Signals.
QTR
What is the correct time ? The time is ...
QTS
Will you send your call sign for ... minutes so that your frequency can be measured ? I will send my call sign for ... minutes so that my frequency may be measured.
QTU
What are the hours during which your station is open ? My station is open from ... hours to ... hours.
QTV
Shall I stand guard for you on the frequency of ... kHz ? Stand guard for me on the frequency of ... kHz.
QTX
Will you keep your station open for further communication with me ? I will keep my station open for further communication with you.
QUA
Have you news of ...? I have news of ...
QUB
Can you give me information concerning visibility, height of clouds, direction and velocity of ground wind at ...? Here is the information you requested...
QUC
What is the number of the last message you received from me ? The number of the last message I received from you is ...
QUD
Have you received the urgency signal sent by ...? I have received the urgency signal sent by ...
QUE
Have you received the distress signal sent by ...? I have received the distress signal sent by ...
QUG
Will you be forced to land ? I am forced to land immediately.
QUH
Will you give me the present barometric pressure ? The present barometric pressure is ... (units).

No comments:

Post a Comment